Monday, April 30, 2007

Run before you can walk

Okay, so I can't knit with four needles, but I can knit with ten, that's right, ten, needles. Count em!


I started another sweater and because I am now a Knitter and no longer a Beginner I decided to make up a pattern a leeeetle more challenging than the last one I wrote. Cue hysterical laughter. It has lace, it has decreases in the lace, it has PLEATS! I did a swatch with one pleat and it worked just fine, so I figured it would look pretty with four pleats... Of course I didn't consider how *&@$!%^& complicated that was going to be until I had done 20 cm of decreasing lace panels. Tra la la...

But look!!! It worked!!!

Of course while I was patting myself on the back for mastering pleats I noticed the row right near the beginning where I purled instead of yo p2tog right across the lace panels which pulls everything skew wiff and means it all bunches up and doesn't drape beautifully.

Yours, off to bang my head against the wall, Rachel

No comments: