Sunday, May 06, 2007

Alpacas ate my baby

So I ripped out all those pleats and the lace - don't think the wool will ever be usable though. Let's just NOT talk about ripping back MOHAIR okay? At least I know I can do pleats - if I ever decide I just don't have enough stress in my life!

Sometimes, especially after a whole spate of cables, lace, stuff-ups and frustrations, you've just got to go for the thick wool/small child combo... So Jess, as of about an hour ago, has a brand new jersey:



The greyish bit is Patons Inca - 50% wool, 30% acrylic and 20% alpaca, which I used 6.5 mm needles to knit. Forty-four stitches wide - boy that went fast! The cream is something lovely and expensive - I think it was pure wool - that I bought back when I was gainfully employed. The whole thing turned out way better than I'd imagined. And at half past five this morning I learnt how to do lazy daisies (or something? I'm not an embroiderer) and put three little flowers on the front - doesn't everyone do things like this at the crack of dawn?

Need more coffee now...

No comments: