Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Elvis

So I've finished the second sleeve for the cable jersey, and I'm working on the collar. I don't know about this collar... First off, I've never done anything with short rows before and I'm not sure that a) I'm doing this wrap thing right and b) I'm going to able to do the knit wrap thing when I get to that point. And then... it's just so BIG! The gauge (which I may or may not be knitting in) for the pattern is 26 rows to 10 cm. And the collar is going to be about 67 rows. So it'll be over 25 cm. Now even folded in half - that's a HUGE collar for a small child! She's going to look like Elvis in his icky Las Vegas years... I may have to just cast off 30 rows early and see what happens.


I should have stuck to knitting my own patterns, amateurish as they are. At least then my poor daughter wouldn't have to choose between orangutan arms or Elvis!


No comments: