Monday, June 11, 2007

Technobabies

One of the (many) reasons I blog so erratically is that when I find myself with some spare time to write, I have to fight a four year old for the computer. Katie is amazingly quick at picking things up on the computer which is fascinating, if a little scary. More than once I've been in the middle of something, like an essay, and I get up to grab a coffee, or go to the loo, or whatever, and come back to find she's switched user, logged on to the net, gone to one of her favourite sites, adjusted the volume, and won't shift!

So for anyone else with techno literate pre-schoolers, here is Katie's Top 5 Websites for Small People:
  • Ceebeebies - the BBC's website for kids, with games, stories, e-cards etc
  • Starfall - a great phonics-based learn to read site
  • Sesame Street - needs no explanation
  • Playhouse Disney - has some good games and stories based on disney characters
  • Nick Jr - home of Dora, Blues Clues, Miss Spider, etc. Good problem-solving games.
Now I'm being kicked off again, so it's back to the knitting!

4 comments:

Justine said...

just wait until they are teenagers - actually, start saving now!

Rachel said...

This is just too silly for words...
I get one comment, and start wondering if it's someone I went to school with, and then the day after I work out that it isn't,I get another comment - and this time it really is someone from (gulp) 25 years ago!
Anyway, I don't intend to let my girls become teenagers - it's too scary, especially when I remember what I got up to. I'm planning to freeze dry them at about 9.

Justine said...

oh, I just looked at the last post and I think I know who you are - older sister, younger brother?
freaky.
well, you'll just have to come to our knitting group now!

Rachel said...

Isn't this silly :)

And Mum and I were sitting around today going, now is she Vicki's big sister?

I have to admit you added me as your friend on oldfriends.co.nz ages and ages ago and it's taken me until now to go 'oh THAT Justine' - I blame this on children (mind you, I blame pretty much everything on my kids - they're very useful that way!)