Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gotta love hats and scarves

Feeling very productive this weekend indeed. I finished sewing up the sweater for two year old Molly, finished the revolting scarf (complete with pink fringing - truly a vision!), and I knocked off a woolly hat for the baby. (Must stop calling her a baby, she'll be one on Tuesday). The baby's hat has some dreadlock-like plaits to compensate for her baldness. She looks grumpy in the hat because she's got a cold and she'd just got up from a nap, not because she hates the hat...


Molly's sweater is what I call a 'knitting-with-ADD' piece. The pattern across the bottom I did in (poorly executed) intarsia on the back, and by carrying the wool across on the front. Heaven forbid I should stick to one technique for a whole sweater! There's a pocket on the front because I got bored halfway up and decided to learn how to do pockets. If she'd been any bigger I might have had to throw some cables in...

No comments: