Monday, August 04, 2008

1 + 1 = oh bugger!

It's official - I'm innumerate.

When I was planning out the sweater I'm knitting for Katie I couldn't find the calculator, and I had to work out how to fit the pattern I wanted on the yoke in with the decreases. So I have five pages that look like this: It took ages, but I finally did it - and was very smug about not relying on technology... So I knitted the body up to the underarm, and I knitted the sleeves, and I joined them all together. Then I did a few rounds plain, and confidently began the pattern. I got to twelve stitches from the end of the round and realised that it just wasn't going to work.

I now know that 96 is not divisible by eighteen, so I guess I can count it as a learning exercise. And Katie is getting a sweater with a dead plain yoke. D'oh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your maths can't be worse than mine. maybe that's my excuse for not knitting.

Unknown said...

yuck! maths - I wouldn't even be attempting to work all that out......