Sunday, May 28, 2006

There's a reason for patterns

So I finished the second piece of the poncho thingy, only to discover when I pinned them together that I had created a poncho that would only fit over the head of a barbie doll. This is partly because of my stupid aversion to patterns (of which more later) and partly due to sheer laziness - I kind of suspected that I wasn't making my rectangles (or parallelograms) long enough but I got bored so I cast off. What's most disturbing is that I've done similar things before - you'd think I'd learn wouldn't you? So I've now spent the last week or so frantically knitting extra panels to add on... I have no idea how this rotten thing is going to turn out but I suspect I may be creating a thneed.
On the up side, I beat the baby in a rasberry blowing competition yesterday. It's the little triumphs that keep me going...

No comments: