Thursday, May 18, 2006

Strange Knitting

Of course one advantage of being up with the birds is that I can sit and knit without having to use the needles to fend the children off.
I am in the middle of an interminable poncho/wrap/shrug thingy for my niece. I have no idea why it's taking so long - it's just two lacy rectangles, and I'm knitting it with 5mm needles - but strange things are happening to it and I'm pretty sure that it's warping time as well as its shape. I say 'rectangles', but the stitch I'm using (turkish stitch: y fwd, slip 1, K1, psso for one row, followed by a knit row) has turned it into a parallelogram which is kind of odd but, cross fingers, will look intentional when it's sewn up. Anyway, I've been knitting it off and on for weeks and the second rectangle (or whatever it is) doesn't seem to be growing at all...

No comments: