Saturday, July 14, 2007

Quilts!

Golly, it's been a while since I posted...

I haven't been getting much knitting done lately. First we had a friend staying - a fabulously talented fabric artist who makes the most amazing quilts. Here's a picture of Katie as a baby in the quilt Raewyn made for her...



And Katie and Jess in Jess's quilt....
Sneaky hey, posting pictures of other people's work because I have nothing of my own to show!
Then, of course, I've been adjusting to life in the working world. If falling asleep at 7:30 every night can be called adjusting!
So no knitting. That poor second sock, which so far consists of about an inch of ribbing, keeps looking very accusingly at me, and with the rotten weather we've been having I could do with a pair of warm socks, but it's just not happening at the moment. Once I'm more into the rythym of juggling work and kids I will return to the needles.
The whole work thing seems to be working out quite well (apart from making me very sleepy!). People keep asking me if I'm applying for the position permanently, but I'm not. It's a fun break but already I'm missing the time with the girls, and it's only been two weeks. Next week I have a night away in the far North and I think I'm more freaked about the idea than the small people are! As well as being freaked about leaving my babies (o I am sad and pathetic) I'm also keeping my fingers crossed about the weather: the poor old North had a terrible time this week (but eclair of Mad Hair Day is fine you'll be pleased to hear) and I so do not want to drive through storms and floods next week.
Time to go hang with the girls and ignore that damned sock some more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are so cute, but that top picture made me squee!!! Pictures of babies with that huge open-mouth smile always make me happy, as if I'm seeing the purest form of happiness or something.

Anonymous said...

You're coming up north?! Are you going to have time for a cappuccino, by any chance?

Rachel said...

Thank you Andi! :) I love that picture too!

A cappuccino sounds lovely eclair - my schedule is fairly tight - in fact looking at my diary I'm thinking I'll be running late all day but you get that. Where are you? I'm staying in Kerikeri on Thursday night and I'll be in Kaitaia on Friday morning.

Unknown said...

Hi
I love your blog and will post a link to you from my blog - kiwi knitters are getting out there into blog world!

Rachel said...

Hey Libby - Thanks for your comment - I've linked right back at you :)