Monday, July 23, 2007

Global Warming?

Sometimes it's odd being at the bottom of the world. This morning's paper was full of heat waves in the Mediterranean and I keep reading North American blogs about how it's almost too hot to knit, and yet here, this is what I found at half past six...


That's ICE, which not something we routinely get in Auckland. Brrr....


So I sent Katie off to kindergarten looking like Nanook of the North...

and Jess and I hunkered down in front of the fire while I sewed up the neckwarmer - which I will need today!

This one I'm keeping - I gave away the last two. But today my nose is cold...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh B*ll*cks!!! I've just checked back on your comments and realized I missed your visit! I'm such an idiot!!! I'm in Kerikeri and I would have loved to have seen you. Are you coming by again anytime soon? Ever? I promise not to be so astronomically thick and forget to check back.

Arrgh! Off to kick myself now.

Rachel said...

He he he :) This is just what Andi and I have been talking about - just what is the protocol for replying to comments???
I'll be in Kerikeri again on the 16th August - and then again sometime in September so no panic. Would be lovely to put a face to the name... actually I don't even know your name!
My email address is rachelc@ihug.co.nz