Friday, April 04, 2008

TLAs

OMG

It's been less than a week since I last posted!! Hope you're dead impressed. I have to say that when it comes to knitting blogs, Ravelry is the devil's work. No-one seems to be blogging regularly anymore - they're all hanging out on Ravelry nattering. And while this is a good thing and to be encouraged - it means I'm stuck reading the Yarn Harlot and The Panopticon over and over and over. (Of course, they're bothe worth reading over and over, but I used to be able to skitter around ten or twelve blogs every day...) And of course I'm as guilty as anyone...

WIPs

I am still working on the second sock but I have secondsockitis. I knit a round and think 'Oh God, I've done this already', and turn to something else. Luckily it's still pretty warm here so the socks won't be needed for a while.

The baby jumper came to a grinding halt when I left it on the sofa (you'd think I'd learn...) and Jess jumped on it. Normally knitting wouldn't be affected by a few kilos of small child jumping, but I was knitting with wooden needles wasn't I? Crack!

But I did manage to revive and finish Jess's jumper and what's more it fits (always a toss-up when you're a lazy mother who can't be bothered finding a measuring tape or a pattern).


It's a pretty standard jumper with no pattern. This time I hemmed the waistband and cuffs instead of ribbing, so that the pretty wool would show its variegation off nicely, and I like how it looks. I did a row of eyelets around the neck as decoration - I'm planning that she'll wear this over a skivvy in winter and I didn't want a tight neckband. (And how cute is my Jess? You'd never guess what an evil, feral, demon-possessed child she really is by looking at those photos.)

DPNs

Despite being slack about the sock, I decided to perservere with the DPNs and what do you know, I think I've finally got them beaten into submission. Exhibit A - four DPNs PLUS cables PLUS a thumb gusset...

And oh boy am I proud of myself! :) I started this yesterday and it was SO quick - finished it at about 6pm - and 90% was knitted in five minute bursts in the car. Now I have to do it again... this could be a repeat of the sock...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The jumper and wrist warmer are very pretty!