Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Will knit for books

This morning I called on one of my favourite bookshops, Time Out, and found their whole front window was devoted to books on quilting, sewing and knitting. After I dribbled down the glass for a while, I suggested to the owner that she needed quilts and knitting alongside the books, and I offered to lend her a quilt (made by my brilliant and creative friend Raewyn) and said I'd knit a few rows of nothing much to throw in there (like ten rows of garter stitch, you know). And because she is a truly lovely person she said she'd give me this:

Which is why I spent my lunch hour and any gaps during the afternoon (hey, what are red lights for?) doing this:

Very silly, but I got a little carried away.

Now the big question: Is it more worrying that

a) I got so involved and excited about a project that is destined to sit in a window for a week and then get thrown out; or

b) I was prepared to use my brand new merino/possum mix in a project that is designed to sit in a window etc; or

c) I had everything I needed for this (including a wide selection of needle sizes) in my car?

Answers on the back of a ball band please.

Eclair asked about the Sunrise Circle Jacket (which I still haven't got back to). It's Country Silk from (I think) Cleckheaton - 85% wool, 15% silk and very yummy. And it's not nearly as pink as it looks in the picture - more a winey red.

In the meantime the lilac acrylic lace proceeds apace... (I'm so not doing photos!)


No comments: