Wednesday, August 01, 2007

There's a little piece of me in everything I knit

And I'm not talking about any airy-fairy, 'because I knit so much love in', piece of me - I mean this literally. I've just been sitting here pulling vast quantities of my hair out of the Baby Yoda cardigan. Does anyone else have this problem? Scientists would be able to identify every thing I've ever knitted because my hair constantly gets caught in my knitting. I thought it would improve after I had my hair cut recently, but no, I'm still knitting everything with a combination of wool and hair...

The Baby Yoda cardigan is still a way off becoming a finished object, despite being teeny tiny. For some reason - I can't remember why - I decided to try and do the Baby Yoda with as little seaming as possible. I don't know why because I don't mind seaming... it was just a passing thought that I foolishly acted on. So having knit the back and fronts as one piece, and joined the shoulders with a three needle cast-off, I have to do the sleeves on dpns.
Why would I do that to myself? I've only just learnt to manage dpns without stabbing myself (I sit there muttering 'it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye', sounding like my grandmother) and I am soooooo very sloooooow at knitting with them.
So the Baby Yoda cardigan is now in the second sock zone - a strange twilight place where very little happens. Don't anybody hold their breath...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hair shows up in everything I knit. And it's not just my hair. My boyfriend's hair does, too. His hair is longer than mine and there's just as much of it floating around the house as there is my hair.

Justine said...

as sson as I saw the title in bloglines I knew exactly what it was about...I don't understand how I manage to shed so much hair, and still have such a significant mass of it on my head, still it will be nice for the great grandchildren - they could probably clone me from some strands.

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone in this... I have too say it hadn't occurred to me that it might not be all mine - that's a little disturbing! :-)